Visakan Veerasamy / 22 / Singapore / Writer / visakanv.com / @visakanv
What do you live for?
I live for beautiful moments. Making a perfect basketball shot. Having endless hours of intense conversation with friends, then wondering where all the time went. Moments of tranquility, detachment and harmony with all things. Fantastic art in all forms that rips into your gut and shakes you out. The right thing in the right way at the right time. I live for love, and for joy.
Why?
Why? That's a tough question. I think love and joy are ends in themselves, they bring pleasure and fulfillment. Life is a precious gift, and we ought to make the most of it. This is one of those things that's hard to rationalize- you either intuitively sense it or you don't. I think when in doubt, we ought to try many different things, and then go with what feels right.
What is some of the best advice that you have been given/want to give our readers?
There is no one-size-fits-all advice that everybody needs to hear- different people need to hear different things, in different ways. So I can only speak for myself, and perhaps for people who are, in their lives, somewhat where I am, or have been.
The best advice that I was personally given was "Serve your mission, not your ego." It's succinct, resonates powerfully with everything I already intuitively know, and phrased in a way that I cannot refute, resist or deny.
Two other good pieces of advice:
"Sometimes in life you will have to do things that you don't want to do, and it makes more sense to figure out how to make the most of it. Being stubborn and adamant will not help you- being resourceful and adaptable will."
"How you say or do something often speaks louder than what you actually say or do."
Something random you'd like to say?
Reading a good book is almost always the best investment you can make with your time.There is a book that will resonate with your soul in a way that nothing else ever will, that you never dreamed possible. Go find it.

No comments:
Post a Comment