Edwin Kee / 25 / Amongst White Clouds / Just Another Ill-Fitting Cog / facebook.com/edwinkeewx
What do you live for?
I used to live for 10-15 years into the future, with the notion that all the tools I sharpen now will be put to use; that I'll be able to cleave better, to screw well, to hit the nail right on the head.
Then I realised that I'm missing the big picture. Not having taken time to look at what I will be working on. A piece of meat? A bolt to be tightened? Or just simply people to nail.
Then came the flurry of wants and needs. I wanna be famous; I wanna be loved, envied, chased after; I want everything!
Today I'm floating. No, not aimlessly though. I'm floating towards a destination. A finishing line I know not of-yet; or might it be a starting point? Who knows? My mind doesn't and my heart won't say(or rather, jabber on too much). Suffice to know, I am living in the moment. Now. This second; and this one; and this one. I put trust in the culmination of my experiences to lead me in any direction. Forwards, backwards, sideways or even come to a standstill if that's what comes.
Don't get me wrong. I didn't say to follow your heart. The heart is a fickle bitch, she's gonna take you, suck you dry and stomp on your shrivelled carcass.
Let the world throw stuff at you. Get shit long enough and one day you might just get struck by gold.
Why?
My heart makes too much noise and shutting it up helps. It will learn to speak less and only when necessary.
What is some of the best advice that you have been given/want to give our readers?
No one should tell you want to do. Go wander aimlessly. Try dumpster diving. Rob a bank, shoot heroin into your eyeball. Or even attempt to climb the corporate ladder. Don't look back. Don't listen to me.
...hoard baggages. Just let it go.
Something random you'd like to say?
Maybe there is a reason.

No comments:
Post a Comment