Back to Site
First time here? Read this. :)

17 July 2012

0055 - Kexin

Interviewer's Note: Kexin describes herself as someone who sings to save her life, a diehard wanderluster and aspiring entrepreneur. She's one of the few passionate individuals I've known who is doing what she loves and pursuing dreams in the fast-paced society of Singapore. It's not easy. But if you want something badly enough, it's worth it.


Tay Ke Xin / 24 / Singapore / Singer-songwriter/entrepreneur / kexintay.blogspot.com / @kexintay

What do you live for?
I live for moments. Moments in love (with family, with partner, friendship), moments of anticipation (cos really anticipating is sometimes more thrilling than actually doing), moments when a dream is being fulfilled, etc.. 

Why?
I think we spend too much of our time regretting what we've done/not done in the past and worrying about the future. We also often get lost in and upset over what we lack. We forget to be grateful, and to cherish the moment we are living in the present. So I live for moments because they make me who I am. And if I ever find myself lacking those moments, I will create them. Because I know I'm in control of my destiny. 

What is some of the best advice that you have been given/want to give our readers?
There was a time when I was desperate for advice. I was stuck in a 9-5 job, miserable, because I couldn't pursue music. So I went all around asking for others' opinions - those who were doing music full-time, those who gave up music for a 9-5 job, etc. In the end I came to the conclusion that people always want you to be like themselves and they'll always give advice that reaffirm their statuses. So ask yourself, who do you really want to be in 10 years' time. What do you really want to do in your life/What can't you do without in your life?? I really wanted to do music, so the best advice I got were from full-time musicians who simply advised me to pursue my passion with a vigor.  


Complete this sentence. Life is too short to...
...be spent being upset over what cannot be changed. Recognize what is within your control and make the most out of them! Dare to experience, experiment and make mistakes. These are the fun bits!

Something random you'd like to say?
Go grab my EP [Get Set 就走]at all CD Rama stores! Freshly-launched last December, have a taste of one of my moments! Hopefully it'll inspire you to create yours (:

No comments:

Post a Comment